Monday, February 23, 2009

So, A LOT has happened since I last wrote. The past few weeks have been very busy for me. The weekend after Grace and I went to Paris, we went to Sevilla with our program. It was one of the best trips ever. We all had such a great time. 

We got there on Friday afternoon and immediately began to tour different parts of the city. The first place we went to was the Real Alcázar, which is the royal palace. It was beautiful with lots of really cool architecture. We then toured different "neighborhoods" of the city which were very cool.  That night Grace, Katie and I went to the oldest bar in Sevilla which was very cool. 

The thing I liked most about the city was that everything was really old. All the restaurants and bars had tiled walls and all the streets were cobble stones.  The second day Katie and I just walked around the city. It's pretty small so it didn't take us long to do a complete circle. We saw the Plaza España and the Plaza America. We also walked around this really cool park. 

That night a bunch of us went to this local Flamenco bar. It was probably the coolest thing I've done in Spain so far.  It was down this tiny side street and there were no signs indicating that it was a bar.  We had to knock on the door to get in. (Don't ask me how we even figured any of this out). Anyway we walk in to this tiny room packed with people. There were people playing music and people sitting around tables and fireplaces. Then we walked to the back of the room and into this huge room also packed with people. This was where the actual show was taking place. Anyway I got some cool pictures and videos. We were the only Americans which was also really fun.  The next day we went to a Convent and then to the Plaza de Torros which was so cool.

Then last weekend Grace and I went to Luxborough to visit Bethany and Sam. We got to meet Sam's family which was so much fun. It was another great weekend. We went to a rugby game, ate fish and chips, went to the local pub, and just relaxed. I had a great time. It was so good to see Bethany. I didn't realize how much  I missed my family until I saw her. I also got some Valentine's day gifts from my mom and dad which also made me a little homesick.

This past weekend we just stayed in Barcelona. I finally slept in for the first time since I've been here. Grace and I have discovered a bagel shop that we are currently obsessed with. We've only been there twice but I can tell that it's going to be a weekend ritual. I knew I wouldn't be able to last long without a bagel! We also went out to dinner and went shopping and just had a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment